Charles Edward Thompson was born on March 10, 1954. He graduated from Detroit Central High School in 1972, with high honors. He continued his formal education at Oakland Community College in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan. He is married to Alicia Maria. He is the proud father of seven children: five (5) girls and two (2) boys. He also has seven (7) beautiful grandchildren.
Charles Edward had a call on his life from the Lord at an early age; he attended Clinton Street Greater Bethlehem Temple. On September 12, 1970, Charles decided to have a closer and greater walk with the Lord by accepting the Lord through repentance, baptism in the name of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and receiving the precious gift of the Holy Spirit.
Shortly after this monumental decision was made, the Lord revealed a still greater work for Charles Edward Thompson. He was called to the ministry; a calling which he humbly received, purposing in his heart to do the Will of God. He became a licensed minister in 1980.
Following the leading of the Lord, in 1976, he joined the Gethsemane Bethel Apostolic Church, under the pastorate of Elder Robert E. Simmons. He served faithfully with this ministry, both as an Assistant and Co-Pastor.
In 1996 he was ordained an Elder. The Lord revealed to Elder Thompson that He was preparing him for greater works; there was much more for him to do. Consequently, in 1998 Elder Charles Edward Thompson reunited with Unity Temple of the Apostolic Faith, Inc., under the pastorate of Bishop Gasten Staten, Sr., a man he still affectionately calls, “My Bishop.”
With his steps ordered and directed by God, in April 2001, Elder Charles Edward Thompson founded the Bible Fellowship Christian Church in Pontiac, Michigan; where services were held in an upstairs conference room at 100 North Saginaw. Bible Fellowship began to grow and expanded, and relocated to the renovated church edifice at 507 North Perry Street, where the spiritual and physical needs of the community were met through numerous church programs and activities.
In October 2009 the church moved to a larger church building at 1106 Josyn Road.